Stinkin' Thinkin'
Do you have stinkin' thinkin', I do. It is something that I struggle with and I read something from Joy Rice Martin that has helped me alot and I thought I'd share it with you.
How to over come stinkin' thinkin':
1. Confess it to God! Agree that it is damaging your heart!
2. Recognize that life here is often unfair and difficult. We are made for eternity, not earth
3. Give up your unrealistic expectations of people. Keep your eyes on Jesus.
4. Become an agent of change by loving people. This will change you. It's not about you!
5. Don't be passive; choose to be passionate about life. Get a vision of what God wants you to do. Don't procrastinate.
6. Depend upon God to be your provider and comforter.
7. Focus on the riches you have in Christ. (My comment: get some paper and write out ALL the riches you have in Christ.)
8. Moment by moment, walk with Jesus. Practice His presence.
Psalm 19:13 is an appropriate prayer to change our attitudes:
"Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."
I hope this will help you as it has helped me this past few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment